Sunday, June 20, 2010

The coolest guy I know.


This man has surprised me. (Not the cute little one with a cheese-mo smile, but the bigger cuter one with a smile that makes me melt. Still.)

Eight years ago this man celebrated his first Father's day. I'm not sure that was on the top of his "cool things I'd like to celebrate" list when he was young. If he doesn't mind me sayin' so. But he's surprised me. And, most likely, himself, too.

He wrestles. He kisses owies. He cuddles. He listens to little ones read. He takes them on adventures...anywhere he goes. Seriously, this man can make a trip to the grocery store with three kids in tow an adventure. He makes them laugh. Hard. I think he's the only one who can get Ellie to giggle so that soon we're all laughing. He builds with them. He teaches them about fishin' and other cool guy stuff. He runs. He plays.

And, he loves me, like no one ever could, which shows them more than a novel could ever tell them about how to love each other.

So, to the man who has grown into an amazing father...I love you and those little ones who look up to you everyday, love you, too!

Happy Father's Day, Dear.

No comments: