Ok. Time to get into the spirit of things. My sister-in-law sent me this email and I thought it would make a good get-to-know-you-at-Christmas-time post. Enjoy, and then try it yourself!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I LOVE to wrap gifts. When we were young, my mom would try to "hide" our gifts in plain sight by wrapping them in some sort of pattern (all the snowman paper had my gifts inside, etc.). Some day when the kids wise up, I'll do the same. For now I just love taking the time to make the packages special.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Definitely real.
3. When do you put up the tree? Soon after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? After the New Year, before school starts again.
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child or adult? (adult) Plane tickets to California to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. Of course, that was the same year I bought the Hubs a DVD player. So much for a budget that year.
7. Hardest person to buy for? The Hubs. He has this habit of buying gifts off his list while he's out shopping for others.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Josh.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. We would love one that the kids could "play" with. (any suggestions?)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail or hand out (save a stamp!)
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one right now, but my dad gave my mom a housecoat/pajama robe one year that will live in infamy.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Polar Express, currently. I love watching kids watch it. Oh, and I really like all the old-time claymation ones!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October or November. It helps to spread out the cost.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but they're usually cute things I've gotten from students in the past that someone else could really use.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's fudge.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white only.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Micheal W. Smith's "Christmas Waltz."
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, meet with family, unless we go to my sister-in-law's in Michigan to play in their snow!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Sure...now, how's that song go?.....
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with my side, Christmas morning with our little family and with the Hubs' side we do it whenever we can all get together.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Dragging the poor kiddos around in the cold, because I still love to shop in stores instead of online.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Snowmen and felt handmade ornaments
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Appetizers after Christmas Eve service.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Practically?...A great kitchen knife. Emotionally?...peace of mind about moving sometime in the new year!