Friday, September 05, 2008

Another one flies the coop

I just dropped off my dear not-so-little-anymore Ellie at preschool. The girl was beyond excited. She hopped in the van with confidence, and clarified that I was going to leave her there at school, and then Owen and I would be going home. When we arrived at her classroom, which, oddly is the same room that Josh had...different teacher, she barely stopped to pose for a picture. You can see her ready to get into the fun in the second shot here.

I didn't get a hug, or even a big goodbye.

As I walked back to the van with just Owen on my hip, I felt surprisingly light and happy. How wonderful to have a confident young lady in our house who is ready to take on new adventures. I can't wait to see her and hear all about her first day.

Go get 'em, girl!



6 comments:

andrea said...

Confident and Independent with a great smile on her face! I'm glad that was such a joyful experience! :)

trevsmom said...

you go girl. how fun that she is so ready and excited. I am anxious to hear all about her first day!

Emily Dykstra said...

I am glad that you felt light and happy with just Owen. You'll have to teach me this art of letting go.

She looks very confident and happy... you're right.

I like how she's in the middle of taking off her backpack in the second photo. :)

Buckeyemama said...

Hurray for confident and independent. That is a strong woman in the making!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

So thankful she felt so confident. It does help build confidence in your own heart.

Hope you enjoyed that special time with Owen - bet he loves it!

Jenni S. said...

Hope her first day went well! I'm getting ready to travel down this path later this week. Sigh. Hopefully Ruthie will be as confident!