Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's a Je.ep thing...

Riding home from the bus stop the other day I noticed we were following a rather rugged looking Je.ep Wran.gler.  Ever since we owned one of these "off-road is calling you" vehicles, I like to check them out as we see them tooling down the road in our current family van.  (read: me missing Je.ep vehicle that was ours B.C. ~before children~now we have a different kind of adventure in it's replacement).  

I read the sticker that was splayed across the back of the vehicle..."It's a Je.ep thing, you wouldn't understand."  This particular dirty red Je.ep,was "jacked up."  I mean this vehicle had monster tires, and was lifted at least two feet above the normal clearance for any vehicle.  I began to think how cool it was to have one of these trailblazers when I noticed something else.  

The license plate.

It had a handicap symbol on it.

I'll let that sink in.

Setting aside the feelings I already have for those who take advantage of the handicap parking spaces, I began to steam.  Well, maybe there is a good reason for it, I thought.  Maybe they were handicap and then through intense therapy and the Lord's blessing they currently are able to scale small buildings such as this Je.ep in front of me.  Or maybe they give their sweet handicap  grandmother rides so often (you know, by hoisting her through an elaborate pulley system into the passenger side) that they were able to qualify.   

Whatever the reasoning, it gave my mind something to ponder.  I even tried to take a picture with my camera phone, but alas, safe driving prevailed and it was not a success.  

So I guess, in the end, it is a Je.ep thing, and I definitely don't understand.

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

Did you get a look at the driver? That definitely is something to think about!