Friday, May 02, 2008

If you don't have anything nice to say...

One thing I like about reading blogs is that most people are so positive. Upbeat posts and reflections on how God is working in people's lives brings my heart a much need respite.

That would be the main reason why I haven't been blogging lately. A few too many crazy things happening at once is enough to make it hard for me to find the joy in the small things. So I opted out of blogging for a while because I guess what my mom said still rings true..."If you don't have anything nice to say, than don't say anything at all.

So, sorry if my posts haven't been as upbeat or as frequent. The Lord's working on my heart and my faith.

Don't give up on visiting....

3 comments:

andrea said...

I can identify a bit. I wish a job would just fall into my lap, instead of trying to be positive about a difficult job search in an economic down-turn! But, then we wouldn't be nearly so joyful about the good times if we had no difficult ones to compare them to, right?

streetwise said...

I agree with Andrea. We blog to express ourselves, and what's there isn't always rosy and sweet. But that's okay, because we're human beings. Our lives have moments of darkness and light...so you don't have to always wait for a patch of blue sky.

Jenni S. said...

Ditto to "Streetwise." I mean, you definitely want to blog when your heart is in it, but if you want to somehow share your struggles, I don't think it would turn people away from your blog. You just might find even more encouragment. :)