Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Thought #1: It never ceases to amaze me how the beauty of nature (even tiny, bright golden birds) can remind us of how God watches out for even the small.

Thought #2: Oddly, after all we went through to get this little tree here, it doesn't seem to be making it in our yard. Hmmm....Spider revenge?

Thought #3: A couch is an excellent stage, especially when your cousin is accompanying you on the piano. (this shot was taken "unawares"...I love doing that to the kids!)


Thought #4: What is he thinking about?

Thought #5: Never knew how handy a stool could be for entertaining small children. Here you can see it in use as a chair/desk combo.

Thought #6: Girls have more shoes than boys. Even when they are only three. Sorry, boys.
(Ellie's shoes are the back row. Can you see Josh's three shoes at the other end? Second row? Waaay down there?)

ps. only because I can't help myself... just so you don't think I bought all these shoes....95% of them are hand-me-downs or garage sale finds. Em, recognize any of these?

Thought # 7: I love swings. Warm spring evenings. And a Hubs who actually thinks to capture a quiet, sweet moment between Mom and her baby.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Those pictures are awesome, I especially love the shoes and the one of you and Owen. Zachary is sitting here looking at the pictures with me and is asking me when Ellie and Owen can come back. We need a playdate I guess!
B

trevsmom said...

There is no doubt who Owen looks like in that last picture, just like his Momma without the grin! Great post!

Sittintall said...

The shoe picture is priceless. Love it! And sorry about your tree :( It does look a little sad. I'm sure the spider had something to do with it.

Short Stop said...

What great thoughts!

I love the shoe picture...I've been working on shoe thing, too. I love little shoes! :)

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Jenni S. said...

Dave always laughs at me when we travel with the girls b/c each of them has at least 2 pairs of shoes packed - even for weekend trips. I can't help myself either.

I love the picture of you and Owen on the swing. I think that's the first time I've seen a picture of you!

Emily Dykstra said...

Awww... I love those photos of your fam. What great thoughts! I esp. like the one of you and Owen, Kris. The look on your face is pure contentment.

And can I tell you how glad I am when I see Morgan's outgrown clothes being used? I love recycling. In fact, my sister is supposed to send me some maternity clothes soon so I can be part of the recycling mix. Yippee!

Emily Dykstra said...

Awww... I love those photos of your fam. What great thoughts! I esp. like the one of you and Owen, Kris. The look on your face is pure contentment.

And can I tell you how glad I am when I see Morgan's outgrown clothes being used? I love recycling. In fact, my sister is supposed to send me some maternity clothes soon so I can be part of the recycling mix. Yippee!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh yes, girls have a ton of shoes...thank goodness for yard sales ;)

Love these shots. It is so great to capture a kid without them knowing - such reality in the shot.