Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Moments

Josh: This kid is going to be a great dad someday. (Thanks, for the good example, Hubs!) BTW-that is not his little brother in there...it's a baby doll.


Owen: I love coming to get you from naptime or first thing in the morning, because this is the face I see.



Ellie: My two-fisted-party-treat-eater, ahh...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Carey: This morning Josh was polite and used kind words while I got him breakfast. I complimented him on using kindness and respect when talking to his mom. He said.."DADDY!" What? "Daddy reminded me to use nice words today." Thank you my ever-loving man for being such a good Daddy. (ps. I'm not posting any more pictures of you, the last time I did....well, you know.)



Me: I had a moment with Owen yesterday as he drank down his first formula bottle. I'm gradually giving him a couple formula bottles during the day, so when I go back to school I can do without pumping, but still nurse him at night and first thing in the morning. Even with all of my ambivalent feelings about nursing, I still felt a bit sad as I saw him relax and drink away. He's my last one, and it's already beginning...some part of his day where he won't really need me. Good, yes, and sad, too.

6 comments:

trevsmom said...

Oh, Kris what a precious post. Josh, yes HE WILL be a great dad someday. Ellie, you just gotta love her spunk and little smirks. Owen, that picture just melts my heart! And, I do love the last pic of you and Owen. Your smile reminds me so much of Mom and that is a GOOD thing! :-) love ya sis

Emily Dykstra said...

Girlfriend- You are so beautiful. You're not supposed to look that good with a 3 month old. You should have a dazed deer-in-headlights look.

What a beautiful fam you have as well.

Can Owen and Josh look like any more like little men? What cuties.

Short Stop said...

So, that's what you look like! I'm echoing Em's comment...you look great!

That little Owen is one precious little man! That picture is just adorable.

And, you can see Josh and Ellie's personalities in their pictures...SO CUTE!! :)

Sittintall said...

You are such a beautiful person, with such a big heart. I take lots of notes from you and the wonderful mom you are. Of course you do have adorable kids!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Ok - I know it is a repeat, but man, that was the FIRST pic of you that was posted. It is so fun to match a face with a name. Yes, I agree with everyone else - you look GREAT with such a small baby in your arms too.

Your kids are cutie pies and I love their stories.

ohAmanda said...

Sweet pictures! My daughter was trying on my sling and putting her doggy in it today! And oh, I know what you mean about breastfeeding---it's bittersweet!