Thursday, March 13, 2008

And the ears have it...

Ellie has an ear infection. After about two weeks with a cough and cold, I guess I'm not surprised. Both her and Owen have been duking it out with the big bad cold for a while. They have been sleeping well, so I was thinking things were on the up and up. Today, right before nap time, Ellie started whimpering and saying her ear hurt. Then she looks at me and says, "I want to go to bed." Yup. Definitely something wrong here. After a call to the doc, with her crying in the background, we got an appointment for 3:15. We picked Josh up early from school and all headed to the doctor's office. We waited for 45 minutes. Reading that now, I think, wow, that was a long time. But, it actually wasn't that bad. We played games to pass the time, like I Spy, Three Clues (a family fave), and a new one...Mommy's the Doctor and finds something serious...your tickle spots! I'm pretty sure no one was going to miss that we were waiting. We were kinda loud. But a fun kinda loud. And I had a great time playing with the kids. Even if it was in a 4x6 room. With three kids. And the heat on. On a 60 degree day. So, were praying Ellie sleeps well tonight with a little help from the pharmacy and the Lord's healing hands. It was a good day.

No comments: