Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Hubs

I love this man. Not just because he loves me (thank heavens), but for the way he loves our kids. Each. One. He loves them in a way I could never duplicate. He teaches Josh how to grow up into a thoughtful, athletic, fun-loving boy. He shows Ellie what a girl should be by loving her girlishness, complimenting her pretty dresses and giving cuddles on the blue chair. He gathers Owen into tickling tackles that only end when the hiccups come or the other two join in the fray. This kids know their daddy loves them. They see it, hear it, feel it and know it. They miss him when we've had one too many nights in a row of meetings, tee ball games or just plain busyness. But they know he will be there for them in morning, making breakfast for them like he always does. They won't know how blessed they are to have a father like him until they are older, much older, but the memories will stay.

I'm so proud to say that that this man is my husband, my best friend and the father of my children.

I love you, Dear, and they do, too. Happy Father's Day.

4 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

"I'm so proud to say that that this man is my husband, my best friend and the father of my children. "


Is there a greater compliment?

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Beautiful! Wonderful tribute.

Sittintall said...

Happy Father's Day to a wonderful man. You are a GREAT daddy, bro. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jenni S. said...

Hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day!