Monday, January 21, 2008

I Caved

I caved.  I made a meal made from deer meat.  Although this is not an unthinkable act, I've bucked against it for a long time.  The Hubs hunts deer in the fall and often brings home the.. er...bacon. My motto has always been, "You kill it, you cook it."  But, I caved.
And it was good. Really good.  

We recently had a deer roast at my sister-in-law's and so I thought I'd give it a go.  Plus, the amount of ribbing I got from not wanting to try it motivated me a bit, too.  

SO.  No fancy recipe.  Just the roast, water, and an onion soup mix packet.  

Even the kids liked it.

I can hear the "I told you so" ringing across the lake, Sarah!

Ps. The green beans are one of my favorites to make...super simple...french style green beans and toasted sliver almonds.

2 comments:

Sittintall said...

How dare you. I would never say I told you so.

PS I told you so:)

Emily Dykstra said...

Deer. It's what for dinner.