Monday, January 28, 2008

Overheard

Mary is hosting Tiny Talk Tuesday...And I'm finally well-planned enough to participate!


I've shown the kids my blog and others that I visit, especially family so they can see their cousins. They always laugh when they see themselves on my blog.  I joke with them whenever they do something funny or crazy that I have to put that on my blog.  
The other day they were up to their usual antics and Ellie came over, whispered in my ear..."You should put Josh in your log."
Will do, honey.


Getting ready for school in the morning, Ellie is playing with Owen.  Owen lays back against her.  
Me:  Whoops, looks like Owen is laying down on the job!
Ellie:  No Mom, he's laying down on ME.
(DuUH, Mom)


I looked out the back door and noticed it was snowing.  
Me:  Look Elle, it's snowing!
(didn't catch that I was telling her it was happening RIGHT NOW)
Ellie:  Yea, I want more snow.
Me:  Yes, it's snowing right now!
Ellie:  (Running to the door, looks, comes running back.)  MOM!  You're a genius!
(apparently I am now responsible for the making of snow.  Or keenly observant.)


Here's a couple others from last week.


5 comments:

Lori said...

Ha! The You are a genius one is cute. Now could you please send this snow away.
I'm tired of winter already.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

those are so funny! I love how literal kids are :) "no he's laying down on me!"

Sincerely Anna said...

I got a kick out of what Ellie said and for her calling you a genius! So cute!

onemotherslove said...

Cute kids!

Jenni S. said...

Those are great - I think the log was my favorite! It's so funny how things interpret unfamiliar words. :)