Friday, January 18, 2008

It's all in the Presentation

I've been trying to get the kids to eat pretzels as a substitute for the "occasional" chips we have with lunch.  The Hubs loves pretzels so I knew either way they would get eaten.  After a slightly failed attempt with the loopy ones (apparently the novelty of biting off parts to make smiley faces wears off quickly), I went with the sticks.  I wasn't sure how I could sell/encourage the kids on this one, but it was worth a shot.  

Enter, one lunch with Daddy. 

Apparently if you hold a pretzel stick lodged between a few fingers, and then bop your forehead with them, they break in a very kung-fu, tough-guy kind of way.  

Let me just say that the showmanship related to the opening act of this amazing feat by the Hubs was Osca*r worthy.

Now I know who to turn to when vegetables lose their luster.

4 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

where's the vlog of that one?

How fun! Gotta love dads.

trevsmom said...

So, its all in the presentation, did that correlate at all with the presentation of your blog changing...I noticed the archives switched from the right to the left! Hmm...that was very clever there Kris!

Emily Dykstra said...

Question: the pretzel bits that remain... are the children eating them? :)

Jenni S. said...

Again, another hilarious post! Isn't it amazing sometimes how our husbands think so differently than we do? It's probably why we make such good teams with our spouses!