Monday, January 07, 2008

Owen Update: 8 1/2 Months

Well, this little guy is growing up way too fast! He's loving his newfound mobility and gets everywhere now! His favorite things are any of the toys/precious items/belongings of his older siblings. We hear, "OWEN!" many times throughout the day as he maneuvers his way into the other's play. I love this picture because it's a perfect example of one of his many funny faces that he makes once he's discovered playing with a "big kid" toy.

He's also quite the daredevil. Owen loves to climb (oh dear) and I am trying not to project into the future the climbing of cabinets, counters, and other precarious places. Hopefully we'll be playing outside by the time that stage comes around and that way he can fall on the "soft" ground. Hmmm.

Owen is making new friends all the time. He's become more shy or at least not so overly-smiley to strangers, which isn't all bad. But it's good to know that at least he likes the vacuum now. I also wanted to post this picture to show what a good Hubs I have. He cleans. He vacuums. Nice.

One of his greatest milestones came on New Year's Day. He stopped nursing. It was a milestone for both of us because I also got my body back (or at least that part of it). He's a bottle baby now and I am very proud to say that I made it to 8 1/2 months for one last time. So Happy New Year, booty man! It will definitely be one filled with more exciting adventures for you!

1 comment:

Emily Dykstra said...

He LIKES the vacuum now? That is incredible. I know he's growing up so nicely, but he's still all baby to me! Love you, squishy-cheeks-Owen!